Kissing the Pink's seminal synthpop album 'Naked' is readily found on vinyl, but it is extremely rare on CD. It was released very briefly (possibly only in Deutschland), and some copies have sold for as much as US$150 - $200 on the open market. If you are looking for 'Naked' on CD, there are several ways to get it:
Naked: A 2-CD set with the following tracklisting:
- Disc One: 'Naked' album and remixes
- 'Naked' album (digital copy from original cd)
- The Last Film (extended)
- Watching Their Eyes (club mix)
- Love Lasts Forever (long remix)
- Big Man Restless (club)
- Mr. Blunt (mixed for feet)
- Disc Two: 'Naked' demos, b-sides, alternative mixes
- Big Man Restless (Martin Hannett mix)
- Blood on my feet
- Desert Song (white label)
- Don't Hide in the Shadows
- Garden Parties
- Garden Parties (vocals by Sylvia)
- Hand Held Cameras
- In Awe of Industry (alternate outtake)
- The Last Film (Hymn extended)
- Middleton Row
- Water in My Eye (instr)
- Water in my Eye (extended)
- We Are Your Family (extended)
Keep several things in mind:
- Most of the above tracks are coming from multi-generation tapes or old records. Don't expect these things to sound pristine. However, the album recording on CD1 is a digital copy of the original cd, meaning that it is identical in sound quality to the original disc.
- The graphics on the disc are not identical to the original European CD. It was difficult to maintain the color accuracy and sharpness of the graphics due to the multi-generation duplicating process, so we have reprocessed the graphics and added the new titles for disc two. However, the spirit of the graphics from the original disc remain intact.
Contact me if you want to download a copy of 'Naked'.
As you can see from the discography, 'What Noise?" was never released on CD. However, as with the aforementioned 'Naked' compilation, a group of us have pooled our resources, and Chris Schumann in Minnesota has turned these resources into the definitive 'What Noise?' on CD-R. As an owner of this set, I can attest to the extremely high-quality sound and graphics that Chris has been able to achieve in this compilation. Laboring for close to a year, Chris has removed noise and hiss from the recordings, normalized the b-sides, remixes, and demos, and created a professional booklet to accompany the discs. More information can be obtained by emailing him, or you can download the high-quality mp3's by emailing me.
I have a large number of remixes from the 'Certain Things Are Likely' singles. I have transferred them to CD-R for my own purposes, and while I am not prepared to create graphics and make mass duplications of them, I can make the recordings available to fans who really like this era of the band's output. Contact me if you've really got to have a copy of a remix from the 'Certain Things Are Likely' period, or if you want a copy of the CTAL CD itself.
I have two professional recordings of Kissing the Pink in concert: a BBC recording from the 'Naked' era, and a (possibly BBC) recording from the 'What Noise?' period. As with the CTAL mixes, I am not prepared to create graphics and make mass duplications of these items, but if you're interested in downloading the tracks, then talk to me.
I can make recordings of Sugarland available to you at no charge - - let me know if you want them.